CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

We are the Same

What I see and what I hear…
Even with my eyes closed…I understand

That we are the same

She may be Asian
I may be white
He is 20 something
I am….forty….ish!

The other is angry
She is hurting
I have found healing

But we are the same

The emotions they express…
Are the core of who I am, of the things I feel…
We are so different…and we are the same

His words of love, crafted so humorously, yet deep from his soul
So perfectly express mine
The hurt that she feels for selling herself out
The emptiness that she speaks of, being used in search of love
….long ago, I was that girl.

They have attitude and moxi
They will not allow themselves to be lumped into a “box”
Packaged nicely by others misperceptions
They are strong women, standing and speaking for themselves
I see them and realize I have tempered my speech and measured my words

For far too long….

I listen to them all and I see and understand
And embrace
that while we appear to be so different...
We are the same.

4 comments:

Krista said...

you're a poet and didn't know it.

and no i'm not lying when i said i liked it....your little AIM box is blinking at me calling me a liar as i type this! :)

it's good. take a compliment.

heather b said...

Wow...between you and Krista I am a ball of inspiration. I have experienced this very thing. Thanks for letting me share and read it.

Sometime when I'm visiting Beth I'd love to meet you!! You, of course don't have to want to meet me but if we do meet do you mind acting like you do even if you don't?....I have a fragile self esteem......Thanks ;-)

the laundress said...

ahhahahahhahh....i have never met you, but i am absolutely positive that you do NOT have fragile self esteem...you speak too much truth for that...at least from what i hear!

...I look forward to meeting! I'm actually just looking forward to anything that involves Beth's house and the pool and people...you know..community!

heather b said...

I know...Beth's great and everything but she doesn't know this: I just use her for her pool, sparkling clean house, pantry full of nutty bars, comfy beds, nice warm hot tub, sprawling back yard, squishy couches, karaoke machine and Guitar Hero II and III. Oh yeah, I forgot the ice cold bud light. This is the only reason I'm her friend so I get it, you know? Except I don't use the word community....I use the word Indulgence. Same difference.

In the words of Long Duck Dong ahahhahhahhahhahhah