CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

My friend seems to hear from God while she works out...like alot, God speaks to her heart in the middle of a work out.

I've been working out a ton recently...you know, because if the inside is messed up, you might as well work on the outside idea?

Anyway....I don't hear from God while I'm working out...possibly because it would be impossible to hear him above the pounding of my heart and the wheezing and puffing as I struggle to suck in air....and the whir of the O2 tank as I suck in blessed
relief once the EMT's arrive.(whoops, I digress)

...But after I'm done...and this has happened alot recently, I have been struck with some truth....tonight is was this:

Recently I have felt like a complete hypocrite, because while I tell other people that God has to be enough, I am struggling to believe it myself. But....

God says He is enough...I know that is the truth...
He never says that we will feel like He is enough, or that we will always feel it..
It is just a promise...whether I feel it or not, whether any of us feel it or not...it is the truth.

It also did not escape my understanding that this is a recurring theme for me..the whole "I am enough thing"...some people catch on slowly, others right away...for me, I think this is an ongoing reminder....because I am realizing more and more, that when I start to let myself drift away from this promise, this reminder...I am often tempted to put other things in front of the One who is enough!

4 comments:

Darrel Harvey said...

you're not being hypocritical. i think thats one of the best things about being in community...we keep reminding each other of the truth when our ears are deafened, our vision is cloudy, and our way is unpredictable.

Krista said...

you got a grown up comment!
i wish i said meaningful things like that....i'm a loser.

but i make you laugh....right?!

the laundress said...

right now im laughing at you
ahahhaha

Kay Day said...

I came her from Inner voices of a Spinster. I really like your blog.
And you are right to hold to the truth and the promise even when we don't feel it. We so often don't feel the right things.
God is always even more than enough! I pray you will feel it in a big way, soon.