CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

BRIGHT SPOTS

Just a few random bright spots from my day...cuz each day...that's what I'm choosing....the bright spots!

A) Today it did not snow in Michigan as forecasted!
B) Coffee with a friend...complete with BUZZ from her new hard wood floor finish!
C) Finished painting my hallway!
D) Hung two light fixtures ALL BY MYSELF......dropped er down!
E) Discovered that my BFF is a racist...a little disappointed in her....who knew!

E) may need some clarification. My BFF is living far far away from here now, in the dirty south. Apparently in the dirty south they do not have garbage removal like they do here in the wonderful sparkling north. So, today, after what must have been a long day of weeding and "yard waste" clean up, my BFF called to tell me that she paid a man named Victor Gonzales $35 to take away her "yard waste." I waited. Surely, I thought, there was some reason for her to tell me the mans name...if there wasnt a reason, then she would have just said, like non-racist people, I paid a man $35 to take away my "yard waste." But she told me his name...and then I asked, ever so delicately...."Was there some purpose in telling me the garbage mans name, or did you just want me to know that you paid an Hispanic man to take away your "yard waste?" Did a man named Reuben Weinstein come and take away your recycling bin? Realizing the PI of her wording she did what any upright person would do...she laughed.....and she laughed...and then laughed so hard that I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT SHE WAS SAYING...YET AGAIN....and then I laughed at her and with her....she tried to keep talking her way out of her racial faux pas, but with every snort dug herself deeper.....

This night, this snippet of inappropriate laughter and behaviour is exactly why she is my BFF....it is EXACTLY why I miss her so fricken much....this is going on my mental list of things that I can bring up whenever I need to laugh...along with a couple of other things.....

l. Earl
2. The duffel bag
3. Taking a picture of herself in the car
4. Her crack
5. Eric the sheriff
Those are my top five for tonight....randomly chosen bright spots!

3 comments:

Krista said...

ok, i am SO not racist....
i'm the one who actually cares about people and social justice....
i just liked his name.
but that laugh was much needed, my stomach still hurts....i miss you so much guurrrlll.

Krista said...

and btw...how did you remember his name...that's really funny.

the laundress said...

whos name victors or erics?