CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

TODAY...

This is what I know TODAY...or at least what I think I know...actually, this is what I'm thinking about and really, really trying to know....TODAY.

TODAY is a gift. I need to treat it as such and enjoy just being in IT...TODAY, I don't need to worry about TOMORROW. (Actually, I shouldn't "worry" at all, but...for now its about TODAY!) TODAY, I need to get a few things done, and enjoy the people around me. TODAY, I need to stop rehashing old coversations and STOP being distracted by the voices in my head. (not "voices," voices, ...just you know..voices) TODAY I need to pray for my friend....actually...maybe a couple of them....TODAY I need to stop staring at the closed door....and wait (PATIENTLY). TODAY I need to not try and "jimmy" the lock on the door...to see if it will open a crack. TODAY I need to stop thinking so much and just BREATH...and live....TODAY.

8 comments:

Darrel Harvey said...

today is a gift. thanks for the reminder. (and thanks VERY much for not saying "that's why they call it the present.")

Darrel Harvey said...

i re-read that and it sounded sarcastic...i really meant it....thanks

well the ( ) was sarcastic.

the laundress said...

ahhahaha...i read the sincerity as well as the sarcasm, lol

heather b said...

sighing a great big needed that sigh.....

Beth said...

I love that. I have been trying to live like that for the past week or so just in today. You know what is even better than not worrying about tomorrow? Enjoying TODAY MORE!!!Thanks for always sharing from your heart.

the laundress said...

Tru Dat Beth...and this morning YOU helped me do just that...

...and your welcome...if you want to hear more of whats in my heart...ahhahahahha JK!

Krista said...

Hi friend....
i thought you might be missing me, so here i am telling you.....today i lived in today....i sat in the sun all day.....i played in the waves.....i cooked chix pesto....and now i'm fixin' on havin a couple of beers....today is good....trying not to think about next week and the budget disclosure meeting....gulp. i miss you.

the laundress said...

i miss you too friend...and living in TODAY is the best thing you can do...

...also that formulating a rebuttal to the "state of the budget" address thats pending...its never a bad idea to have a GOOD rebuttal..ahahhahahahah