CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008


So, more from the bike path....I seriously think I'm on to something here. First, I absolutely love to bike ride. Secondly, while I have been biking to distract myself and keep myself busy....I think He is using it to make me quiet and still...and able to hear Him and actually listen.


Of course, I'm not totally sure of that yet...but tonight...as I was biking along....my mind started to wander a bit, ( no surprise there), and I realized a few things. Of course no surprise, I totally already knew that I have been doing anything and everything I can to keep myself busy. Too busy to think about things I dont want to think about. You know, stuff that was, stuff that isnt anymore, stuff that isnt gonna be...those kinds of things. Stuff and things that can consume me, and take over....and make me incredibly......despondent....stuff that is sucking the life from me....


In keeping totally busy and distracted so I dont think about "stuff", I also am so busy and noisy in my head that I also kinda block out what He wants to say....other "stuff" that is way more important....


On the bike ride tonight I started to hear His voice...while the wind was whistling through my hair and ears...with the whir of the bike tires on the pavement...His voice reminding me that I am wholly His...and that He is still as amazing as ever....still in control, still right beside me..even on the downside of St. Roberts Hill!


And then, on Terrace Hill...going up...(huffin it BIG ASS TIME), I had this huge epiphany....as I was trying to make it at least a few feet further than the last time, and I did...3 more sidewalk spaces, that each day on this journey back from what was...that I am a little closer....each day, I am a few less "distractions" away from not needing to fill up my day....each day....


So I will keep on biking. Keep on trying to make it a few squares closer to the top of the hill....but more importantly...biking is keeping me quiet long enough to hear the One I need to listen too...and I am pretty sure bringing me a few squares closer to Him!

8 comments:

Krista said...

hmmm...
i was kinda thinking i was going to go the medication route, but maybe i'll try biking......
:)

pwdrd donuts said...

Thanks for this. 3 more spaces; 1 space at a time. Keep on keeping on.

heather b said...

I think the last year we had in Flushing, I filled an entire journal from my bike rides. I rode the path behind Beuche's and would sit on one of those loggy benches next to the river and write and write and write. It helped me survive. The very act of the bike ride, somehow without the engine, without the cell phone or radio; just the wind in my ears and the feeling like I was flying.....that was some really cheap therapy.

the laundress said...

i hear ya sista...i just wish I could fill my journal with something else, lol....

I love the flying and the wind, and the sound of the bike tires...the only thing im still not jivin with is the seat...we are not yet friends, although we have been really personal, lmbo!

Beth said...

Get one of those gel seats that are for old ladys or people that have had alot of kids! That would be you!!!!!!

Our Family said...

they have shorts for that ya know!!

Our Family said...

how many gears do you have on your bike?? i'm sure you didn't intend for this to be a technical post....but this sista KNOWS how to climb a hill on a bike and i'd love to tell you how!!

the laundress said...

seven...or 12 I can't remember...

..and some hills i can totally do, but at the top of this one the incline increases by a huge margin (ahhahahah as if I really know that...but just eyeballin it)...its the last 100 feet or so that get so steep...