CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

...and so it goes

So, the dog had a false pregnancy...and she seriously had us all fooled.
Per Olivia's running obstetrical evaluations: Her nipples were purple and sagging
She was producing milk
Her "cooch" was black and swollen
She's "dripping" something
She was panting and pacing for hours.
And then....nothing...its 3 days past the last possible delivery date...and shes back to normal.
All her parts have returned to their original colors and elasticities....(lucky for all)

Some people here are feeling a little bereft...thoroughly disappointed that there was no ghoulish delivery to watch...and no precious pups to love on for a few weeks....

Some people here think God is always good. Some people here are glad that sometimes He says NO. Some people didn't even have to pray for this....He just knew what she needed...He has answered her prayers on more than one occasion and they ended with dogs on shovels! (and horses in dump trucks)

....and so it goes....

While some are praying and yes hoping for one thing or another...others often see things from a different perspective. Isn't that the case in many things on this journey? What has my mind tonight...actually its been longer than that...its just coming out tonight...is that we often have our own plans. Plans A., B. C. D. Whatever. But our plans include what we know, what we see, what we want (usually), but they are limited plans. They are limited by our own vision. Which can also be blurry for any number of reasons. So, while yes, we all have our own plans....the thing is, the thing I keep coming back too....He has a better one....so while I, like many others tonight, are praying for one thing or another.....He is waiting for me to ask for His plan...to want His plan...to unfold and reveal His plan....

There are a number of things I wish were happening differently, not just for me...but for lots of the people in my world.....tonight I am here asking for His plan to unfold...even when I don't like watching things change in the unfolding!

6 comments:

pwdrd donuts said...

I've been telling God about MY plans lately. I have some, and I think they worth carrying through. Can you tell I'm working on boldness with God? So I've been saying things like, "I want this... or that." Not like He's a dispensor of goods. Just like, you know, "I have plans God so...gimme gimme gimme." And I actually think He likes that I'm bold enough to ask for it. I also think He's going to do it for me. And if he doesn't, he doesn't. But I'm pretty sure He's going to.

I realize this isn't exactly what you were talking about (Yours was about how GOD has a plan; boring!) ;) Well, I have one too.

That's it. Good night.

the laundress said...

that wasnt really what i was saying...i mean, it was, but i think i meant it differently than you read it...probably because we havent yet met...but once we "parade" ourselves around the pool a few times, (actually I might "promenade" around the pool, parading seems more like circus folk), but anyway...once you know me...you will get what i meant. I too am all about telling God my plans BOLDLY...and not really even plans, but dreams...but i realize that he pretty much knows em..He gave them too me...its just that sometimes the "how" of it all coming together, thats the part where I need to be ok with His plan...I'm pretty sure He is way more of an "outside the box" thinker than me...and my plans I think sometime limit His. Ya know?

thats it...

pwdrd donuts said...

Promenade? How very Rogers and Hammerstein of you. I'll rustle up the pit orchestra for our big day. They'll look great on Beth's lawn.

I get it now. (what you meant) But is it possible that God could be more outside the box then you? ;)

I'm reading a book called, "The Shack." Have you heard of it? Interesting so far. I'm about half way through it.

Oh and stop making us all do this word verification thing. I have to type "outtunr" which is not even a word. They should call it a "gibberish verification."

the laundress said...

never read "The Shack", currently I'm just feeling like I live in one...but I'll check it out....

please accept my apologies on the word verification thing...I had no idea that was something I controlled...I HAVE ALL THE POWER!

heather b said...

o.k....it's Tuesday....time for a new post....sheesh.

the laundress said...

if you knew what im struggling NOT to say, you wouldnt be sayin that, lol!