CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Bike Ride

Last night I went on a six mile bike ride with a handful of my offspring. It was a beautiful evening on the trail....we rode hard and fast, the wind whipping our hair...the crisp smell of spring in the air. The somewhat undefinable scent of the Flint River wafting into our noses! Okay, so that part was nasty...but the rest was total fun!

And then morning dawned!

This morning I made a list of some things that would be wonderful gifts for mothers day.

l. Sunglasses
2. Bike seat that is not akin to a "toy" from Priscilla's.....with teeth!
3. An Asian eunuch to massage my calves and knees.
4. Glucosamine injections
5. Headsets that will put me on "com" like Jack Bauer and Chloe, so I can hear what my spawn are talking about from 1/2 mile up the trail.
6. I forgot about Jack.....I forgot how much I love Jack. I want HIM with a big bow!
7. A chain pulley system like at the car wash for the last 100 feet of Terrace Hill! (I was in my glory there, let me tell you)


All in all...I totally dig the whole biking thing. So does everyone else. We just have a few kinks to work out....and then....who knows....we might strike out across America....

Actually, we do have our eye on this really cool old railroad trial in WV....38 miles of sheer bliss....as long as I get a different seat!

5 comments:

David B said...

Hey i dont know who you are but i was wondering how you got music on your blog....its awsum........if you could visit my blog.....davidsawsumlife@blogspot.com....and leave a comment on how you did it...i ilke the songs to

the laundress said...

hey david b...no clue who you are...and I cant access your blog because its not public...but just go to playlist.com and then create a playslist then it walks you through the process of how to get it on ur blog...you have to go to add a page element, then copy and paste stuff, like when you do the whole background thing...

very unclear, i know...good luck

heather b said...

Oh my gosh! I fell in love with biking when we lived in Flushing. We went to that bike shop that has a monopoly in Flint, what's it called??? I can't remember. Anyway, biking was my outlet. I put 280 miles on my bike in one summer in Flushing. There was just such a feeling of independence riding around town. And you are so right. We could have all used a pulley for Terrace Hill!! Haven't missed Flushing in a really long time....this certainly makes me miss it....

Krista said...

hey what's up with david b? ahahah
your readership surpasses..ahahhahaha
anyway reading your blog makes me miss you TONS!! glad you had a good ride, we need to find road bikes...get on that for us, eh? so i don't have a calendar, but it's not THAT long till june, and how about instead of jack with a bow you get me?! ahahhahaha, laughing really hard at that image!!

the laundress said...

just having you post is making me miss you...im having seriousl withdrawls, which may lend credendence to the co-dependency accusation...BIMBO...AHHAHAHAHAH

...and yeah...about the new readership...idk?...

and of course ill take you, but not in lieu of jack...i want jack BAD....LMBO