CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

KAYSAK


A few short years ago, these 5 girls were permanent fixtures in my home. They were inseperable friends...in 9/10 grade...they cheered, went to dances, talked to senior boys, ate dinner at Olive Garden...

They called themselves KAYSAK....

Tomorrow they graduate. They are not the inseperable friends that they once were, but I am certain that they will all be remembering those days, tomorrow and in the days ahead. They helped introduce me, a new mom to high school life, to the ins and outs of the modern day life of teenagers.

There was nothing these girls would not say or talk about...or ask. When I first met them, most of them had not had their first real kiss. They had never had their hair done for a formal dance. They had not yet snuck out of a window to hang out on the lawn or a swing at 3 am with boys that could drive up quietly. They loved to make tons of food for bonfires and spent hours getting ready only to pull sweatshirts on over freshly done hair. None of them could drive, but they all knew "responsible" big brother types who would take them anywhere....(yeah..right)

Once they started experiencing stuff...they would spill it all, over boxes of waffles and Edy's Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough Ice Cream....or in the car, driving back and forth to Lexa's moms, or to Taco Bell....or to football games or dinner....

Looking back, I realize what a priviledge I had in sharing in these memories with them...that laughing, crying, agonizing, fighting....what an honor it was for me to be a part of their lives for this short while. I miss them. Together as a posse....but these days they have grown in different directions...some of still hang here...some I rarely see...some come in and out...and it is like no time has passed.....Katy, Ashley, Savannah, Alexa and Kelly.....I love you girls!

4 comments:

Kel said...

Those were the good old days... I can see you now sitting on the corner chair in the office reading Harry Potter.

For the record, I was the first K in kasak.

Beth said...

These posts are making me cry....thinking about my kids growing up so fast and remembering back when I was in high school!!! It's time for a funny post for you!!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

so 2 months later, i'm just now reading this. and it's the saddest thing. i miss those times.

i agree with kelly! i'm picturing it in my head.