CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

For Beth

So today, after a night of no sleep because I was chaperoning a senior celebration/lock in last night...I am feeling really, really good. Its prolly just the cycle of the moon...but right now I don't really care.

So, while in my really, really good...feeling like I'm all that kind of mood...I went to the grocery store. Kinda strutting it up while flying through picking up some stuff to make dinner for some friends...I see and acquaintance and smile...again...thinking I am ALL THAT.....i careen around the corner and totally take out a CASE of wine....Merlot actually....and i kinda wanted to just get down and suck it up...but that would have been very unsavory....and counter productive to my thinking I was all that....anyway...I schlepped outta there...and proceeded to the hardware to get yet another key made for one of our cars. While there, I struck up another jaunty conversation with someone at the register...again...kinda cocky....when I went out to get in my car there was a Pool van next to my car...with one of those kinda scruffy pool guys in it....so while i was smiling at him I threw open my car door....and SCREAMED....the man from the register was sitting in it!

Of course...it wasn't really MY van....just a look alike....so there I was, again, schlepping away from that encounter....totally horrified at myself....but laughing.

My whole peacock attitude I realized is because the song "This is why I'm hot" is playing on repeat in my head.....and I've been believing it.....AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!

Ah...the power of the not so subliminal suggestion.....

I'm just glad..."You look so dumb right now" isn't on replay! Actually it probably should be!

5 comments:

Krista said...

ahahahha....that was actually even better written than when you told me over the phone!
i'm glad i'm not the only one that does that crap. i love you friend.

Beth said...

So funny......Was that smile you gave the pool guy the one from my pool store? You know the one you were flirting with through me on the phone?? Why did you let the wine go to waste on the floor? I'm still laughing!!!

the laundress said...

hahahahha...i totally forgot about that...but as I recall, those were codgers looking for a chick with a trust fund! ahhahahah

...and no, it was just a smile!

heather b said...

ok needed this laugh. You are hilarious. Did the pool guy ask you out??? Maybe he would have if he would have seen you on all fours lapping up wine like a dog....he'd of thought: "now thats one hot woman."

the laundress said...

ahhaha...alas, no, the pool guy was just eye candy...and about 26..ahahhahah...I'm no Mrs. Robinson!

...and just a guess, but if I was on all fours lappin up wine, im pretty sure that is NOT what anyone would be thinkin!ahhahahahahha