CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008


Today has been long. Not necessarily bad long...just long. An interview at Starbucks at 8AM.....then some hard core lawn mowing....complete with mowing up a rug...which led to some "issues", which of course I was ill equipped to handle...then it began to storm...so on to the inside where I helped Elsa HOE OUT HER STY (i mean room). One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was changing sheets, cleaning, vacuuming..the whole shabang....keeping busy is good...keeps my mind from drifting too far....


...then I took another kid shopping for shoes and unmentionables....the only thing worse than shopping for those two things is shopping for bathing suits and dresses...which sadly I did earlier this week for myself...GRRRRR.....


And now I have arrived back home....and I am going to indulge in one of my favorite luxuries....climbing into clean sheets, fresh with lavender spray...and read! On a beautiful spring evening with the wind blowing the curtains....pure bliss. At the end of a day filled with lots of things.....my haven awaits!


6 comments:

Krista said...

are you trying to entice (sp?) me? ahahahahha! i love the bedroom....it's so dang girly....totally you. 3 weeks baby! ahahahhaha. so am i gonna be able to stay there or what?!
so if your room/house is girly, i'm wondering what it says about me then if i always gravitate toward red? anyway......

the laundress said...

i didnt know you needed to be enticed...ahahhahahah...I dont need to entice anyone...your either in or your not....ahahhahahah

I would have done it a long time ago if i knew that....(the flames are all around me)

...and do you really want me to answer the red question? hahahhahahahahhahah

heather b said...

This looks seriously inviting!! I love the shabby chic look....I guess we're coming up to MI on the 12th. Maybe we'll see ya...

Beth said...

I love this room especially the color! It turned out great......enjoy it you deserve it!

the laundress said...

the 12th of what? and maybe you'll see me? IDT so...we WILL MEET and loaf at Beths pool. I'm getting a new suit to honor the occasion!

Kel said...

lol When I first saw this pic, I thought you were trying to show me how the bed is really made.