CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

CREVICES

I was reading today about the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. A place where Jews have been going and leaving behind their petitions to God for hundreds of years.

I don't think there is any politically correct or right or wrong way to leave your prayers and such there, but often people write down their worries and stick the little scraps of paper in the ancient crevices there. And then they just walk away.

While I've never been to the wailing wall, and honestly I probably will never go....the idea of writing down the things that are weighing heavily on me and sticking them in a crack somewhere seems kind of appealing. But then what? I think I would go back and pull out the paper and see if somehow God had penned back a solution, or a quick fix tip...or even a small word of encouragement to let me know that turning it over to Him was a good step.

My big issue with anything that I need to turn over and let go of is that I don't do it completely. I seem to always rethink and come up with some different slant or angle and then think...hmmmmm...I can handle this thing or that thing again...I just need to do it a little differently. Then ultimately, I am back to where I was when I needed to jam the little scrap of worry or struggle in the crack to begin with, and where does that leave God?

Still there, just looking at me a little more perplexed by my lack of faith and trust. I think He shakes His head and laughs alot at people like me....the ones who say they trust Him, and try and put Him first. The ones who know, know, know that they know....

In the turning over and letting go of things, in the trusting and waiting....well, I kinda suck at that...its HARD.....

I read this today and it kinda helped my perspective a little: "Maybe turning things over is not the solution to everything but, you do what you can. Then you get out of the way, because you're not the one who does the work anyway."

All I have to do is turn it over....and then He does the work? Tonight I'm writing some things on scraps...and turning them over....cuz I am getting weary of trying to do the work. Oh yeah, and I need to find some kind of crevice to jam em in.....

...I can think of a couple of places....but I probably need to write those down too!

5 comments:

Krista said...

well, to be honest when the page first came up i thought the title said cervix.....but i wouldn't recommend jamming paper there....i'm just saying.....

thanks for the reminder....i'm one of those who know, i know, i know..... i'm getting kinda tired of it all too.

love you much.

Beth said...

I love this! This is so me too...
It seems like it's always the same things for me and then one day I marked one off the list. Oh then it creeped back up again! At least we recognize and keep trying! That's all you can do!

pwdrd donuts said...

Thanks for you thoughts Laundress. Love the imagery of the wailing wall. Maybe write them on teeny weeny scraps of paper - and them eat them up. They'll never come back that way.

Our Family said...

writing things down, physically removes negativity from your body...a little at a time...

Krista said...

i'm talking to you right now....
love you.