CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Just like Israel

Just a quick missive from northern Michigan:


BEING STILL AND WAITING....not so much!

Why is it that just when you think you have something down, that it becomes so much more difficult?  

I feel so much like the the Israelites, running from God...and not knowing it or really realizing it..while they were in the middle of it.  Sometimes I am left realizing that I put "this idol and that idol" or" this god or that god", in front of all that He truly desires from me.  And when it all boils down....does He want all that much, aside from my heart?  Not really.  

Trusting Him
Obedience
Loving Him before all else

That really isn't a big list....and I think that encompasses all that He wants from me....

Being still up here...well, that has been kinda hard....the being still in my mind.  The trusting.
I'm beginning to feel again, like the Israelites...impatient with His plan and wanting to rush ahead with my own...fortunately for me, I have had enough time being still to realize that MY PLANS SELDOM WORK OUT THE WAY I WANT....and, I also don't want to end up like Israel, in exile for hundreds of years, or dying in the desert before entering the promised land....

For now....I'm working on all of this...for now....who am I kidding..I'm gonna be working on all of this for a lonnnnggg time...just like Israel!

0 comments: