CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

She's come a long way

She has come a long way since her first formal dance in 9Th grade. Back then the whole day was frenzied with preparations and anticipation...she was ready hours before it was time to leave for the dance. On this day, the day of her last formal high school event, Prom "08...this lovely young women had not ONE moment of panic. At no point did she seem frantic or stressed out. She lolled around the house, painted her toenails on the kitchen table, repainted her fingernails, and spent a lot of time reminiscing about dances gone by. She didn't' let the fact that she had a horrible cold and no voice stop her from being excited about the evening. She got ready like an old pro....and came downstairs....for the last time...in a dress that looked amazing on her

I have to admit, there were a couple of moments in the course of the evening when I thought I might be morphing into my dad....like when I took the picture of she and her BFF...I have this same picture of the two of them from every dance that they have gone to in high school...12....seeing the friends who have all grown into strong minded young women. Her high school years have been full and rich with the important things....great friendships, girl drama, more laughing than seems humanly possible...and a seemingly endless parade of boys! All of the things that she will hopefully look back on with fondness....

I realized tonight that raising teenagers is a fun gig....most of the time! I also realized that I have 42 more dances to take pictures at....there are going to me lots more dresses...and at the end of that... tuxes! LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sav looks gorgeous!!!! The mosaic thing looks cool nice how we couldn't get mine to work, but you were able to do it for yourself.ahahahaha! I can't believe her last dance....I bet you cried. What a great MOM!!!

pwdrd donuts said...

Love these pics. Could she be any prettier? Could you be any prouder? Like is really good. Congrats to her, but to mainly to you. Getting them this far...what a huge undertaking.