CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

LIFELINES


These five items have become LIFELINES for me. Life everyday now would be mere existence without these items.

The interesting thing about all of these things is that 7 months ago, none of them were apart of my daily life. NONE!

Looking back, (which I don't really want to do), I can pinpoint when each one became important. The shoes and inserts...late March..after realizing that I couldn't run without them.

The Medication...late April....after nearly giving up the exercise because of knee and foot PAIN!

Bike seat....mothers day....and none too soon...I have absolutely NO IDEA how anyone bikes any distance at all on those THONGS of the bike seat world!

And the lilacs...well, they come every spring. Year after year I am reminded how much lilacs make me smile. They make me happy...just to see the full, lush bushes, in varying shades of purple...and the smell of them on spring evenings....absolutely
NOSTALGIC! I grew up in a neighborhood overrun with lilac bushes....always begging to be picked and presented to a deserving mom....just to say ....I love you!
( Oddly, my mom was here yesterday and put the lilacs out on the deck while she stayed....because they are just too....(mom waving her hand in disgust in front of her nose!) I wonder, did she feel that way when I brought them to her as a child, or is age just making her forget about the simple pleasure and beauty of the seasons and their flora and fauna?

Anyway....these five items today I celebrate. That I can use them, take them, ride them and enjoy them....everyday....in 7 months, who knows what my lifelines will be....I only know what they WON'T BE!


7 comments:

Beth said...

How funny....I love all your stuff! I want to know where you got the lilacs....was it road side?

heather b said...

Nothing like a comfy bike seat!!

Our Family said...

just an interjection about the bike seat....bike shorts...with gel cushion, and(i'm gonna get heather on ya) the skinny 'thong' seats are designed to fit on the inner pelvic bones...preventing a hip rocking movement. otherwise you'll screw up you back and chafe your lady parts!!...

the laundress said...

katie...as long as you broached the subject...may "lady parts" were feeling a little violated from the thong seat...like a conjugal visit gone bad!

i dont think my seat was fitting my inner pelvic bones well...but i am being vigilant about assessing back pain and chaffing...I love to bike and dont want to give it up...thanks SOOO MUCH for your tips!

Krista said...

ah, friend. as i recall you loved the bike at the Y. actually had me looking for one of the same kind after hearing about your experience.

anyway, just today i was thinking...i haven't seen one lilac yet. it's my favorite part of may. bummer...

heather b said...

Katie....so extremely interesting....I shall store that for life....thank you....

Carin said...

speaking of chafing lady parts, I thought peter cottontail might have made the list....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha