CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

All that is good




Every time I go on vacation with my kids, I am reminded that I am blessed beyond reason. For whatever quirky reason...we do well on vacation...things seem easier, we actually remember why it is that we enjoy each other. Vacations for us, bring out the best....and I realize how unusual that can be.


This weekend, despite highs of 63 and 58....we jet skied and tubed....for HOURS! The kids SHIMMED, and I do mean SHIMMED into wetsuits...and never complained..about the cold, the wind, taking turns....it was pure adventure and fun! Noah and Elsa fished...of course, if they didn't have an awesome Aunt Patty this would have never been possible...their mother and Uncle John would rather run the Boston Marathon NUDE, than put a worm on a hook or take a fish off of it!


We enjoyed lazy hours reading, talking, playing games, napping.....and of course American Idol playoffs on the Wii! Noah and Fiona being the current champions!


My sister is an amazing cook...and RELAXED AND EASY to work with in the kitchen....she also makes a mean low-carb margarita....(maybe its just me, but if ur drinking tequila and eating mexican...how many more calories are there really in lime-aid and triple sec...I'm just saying).

We cooked some great stuff and had enormous fun doing Highs and Lows around the table...its amazing, that when on vacation, it becomes increasingly difficult to pick a low....


I had some much needed time to think....no answers, but lots of thinking....I suppose that's good, although right now I'm back to the fence....the BFF empathetically says things are bound to change....they can't stay like this forever...I'm trying to believe her....in any event she also reminded me that she'll be here in 25 days!!!


Driving home today I was tempted to get all bogged down with the stuff that clouds my vision...and then I saw theses pictures from the weekend....and I'm reminding myself of all that is good and wonderful in today.



4 comments:

Our Family said...

it doesn't matter what's going on...drivin' home from up north is just plain depressing!

glad you and your family had such a wonderful time!

Beth said...

I love your family......you guys look like you had an amazing time! I know you loved your ride home.....on the phone, kids yelling, and traffic! I also see you managed to make another mosaic picture....Please come help! Love the one with you enjoying the sun on your face, would be better if your mouth was open and you were snoring!

Beth said...

Sorry, I had to comment again....I clicked on the mosaic thing and then I could see the pics up close. I love the one of you and Sav you look great!!!

heather b said...

so true....thanks for this...I needed it this morning. Lots of crazy things going on in our lives right now....thanks so much...