CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

The weekend

OK, so I am sooo sneaking this little blog in while Olivia SLAVES away cleaning out the car...and by cleaning I mean she took out all the seats and like detailed it...I am supposed to be inside paying bills and finishing up last minute packing...and here I sit!

We are going to my sisters for a couple of days of jet skiing, beach lounging, and hopefully some margaritas....what I am most looking forward to while there is just having a little more time to BE STILL!

I am hoping to run along Lake Huron...my first non-treadmill venture...and just really listen and spend time with Him. I need a little space I think to ponder alot of things...and just wait. This week has been easier in that venture...(now that I said it, it will all change)...but I am learning that no matter how things change and shift in all of the lives around me....God is still God...and He isn't going anywhere...EVER!

When we get back, we have a cookout with still another set of dearly loved friends who are leaving this place. They were here for lunch today....and it took every last ounce of my energy not to just sit at the counter and blubber. They have been Jesus in flesh to my children and I, especially during the last few years...we have just "done life" with them...their two kids spent every day with me for the last 4 years...we have laughed and cried together....sat around campfires and counters talking and laughing for hours. This weekend will be our last picnic together for a long time I think. I am so excited for the new opportunities that wait for them....but I am despondent at the loss of their everydayness in our lives.

I guess that is how life is though....ebb and flow....changes happen all the time, when we least expect them....this weekend I am going to try and "find my place" with all that that encompasses.....and just BE STILL AND WAIT!

6 comments:

Krista said...

devouring the book you sent me.
it took everything in me not to sink to new lows after hearing dave and jodi in the background earlier.....i will not be sad, i will not be sad....
i am sad, but trying not to let it consume me. road trip to KY....like the state, not the lube....although both are nice....so i hear.

the laundress said...

you are a dork....but I love you deeply...I KNEW you meant the state!

..and just keep trying to call...if you leave a message i"ll get it and return it...I hate not having cell service!

...Im reading in the sunshine on the back deck right now!

Krista said...

ya, ya...book, sunshine, backdeck....you need to go for a drive and call me! i'm going through serious withdrawls. i DO hope you are having a good time tho. love you.

Beth said...

Hope you have a great weedend!!! Maybe we will see you on Monday!!

the laundress said...

totally...we're coming home in the AM

Anonymous said...

you're keeping my best friend all the way through monday!!!

haha first comment and I'm complaining.. figures

P.S. Guess who this is...