CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

.....how long?

Recently, I asked a friend how long it took for God to answer when she started praying for something different. I liked her answer. "Not long."

But "not long" is kind of relative I think. A human pregnancy is "not long" compared to an elephants. The number of years it takes to get through school (elementary-high school), is "not long" compared to our life span. The time it takes to realize that you were going 60 in a 25 is "not long" once you see the police car!

My quest for gratification in the here and now, and my longing for change, couple together to cause me to be very impatient while I wait for "not long" to be a reality. I want to rush ahead and do whatever I can to help God out in answering my prayers. (Another misnomer, that His answer will match mine!) So...today I set out to see exactly what the Word had to say about waiting...(yes thinking I could find some passages to encourage my approach; rushing ahead and helping Him out).

....I will honestly admit that I don't really like what I read.
l. ...whatever my personal trial is; I am instructed to endure it, ride it out patiently....not for me...but for how MY patience, and MY suffering, and MY trial may help someone else! Well thats just great....I'm ready to know who the frick needs my example so I can fricken MOVE ON!! (just being honest)
2. ....I am supposed to be strong and take heart! Well, currently I don't feel like I have any strength left...so....hmm
3. ....and the most convicting of all....I am supposed to be patient, stand firm....and NOT GRUMBLE!(failing grade there)

Sooooo.....I admit, I am a little ticky about all of that, but not so ticky as to discount it. While I don't really like what I read, I know it is there to give me direction...instruction....guidance., and encouragement, which is exactly what I need while I wait for "not long" to become a reality!

3 comments:

Krista said...

wow. i really needed to hear that today....i love what you write....with the exception that i didn't think you had any other friends, and since i didn't say 'not long' i'm feeling somewhat jealous...ahahahah....i miss and love you.

the laundress said...

you are a dork...you said it to me last night while i was in the ghetto....

hmmm...whos on crack now?

Krista said...

at least you didnt call me a crack whore this time.....
i remember it clearly now....still, thanks for the words today....but you can keep the other ones you read to me tonight though.....are you sure you weren't trying to tell me something?! :)
love YOU....and stay off Chavez would you?!