CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

Content

November 26, 2007 - Monday
There was a moment yesterday when I felt much like the kid in the wonder years, observing life around me, and realizing that it was one of those snapshots in time that don't happen often, but that will resound warmly in my mind for years.

It was not an occasion, planned or structured...it was just life.

While I was sitting on my couch with the fire and the new tree up, I looked around me and saw dear friends and family, one curled up in a chair that nearly consumed her, hands wrapped around a steaming cup of tea, another friend relaxing on the other end of the couch....her 13 year old daughter sitting comfortably between us and laughing...one or two of my own daughters lazing on the floor...and the computer behind us..just ":qweefing around" in their words. I could hear my friends husbands upstairs watching a game, Zach and Tyler...voices and banter that make me smile. There were girls in the kitchen making a cake...and a mess, and looking out the door I could see Noah in the yard raking leaves (bless his heart).

This moment or snippet of time could not happen with planning...it just was...and I loved it...and all the people that were a part of it. I'm sure for them it was just a casual afternoon...but for me in that moment it was a reminder that life is good....MY life its good...I am content.

2 comments:

Carin said...

I was there that day, wasn't I? :o)

I loved that day (assuming this is the day I'm thinking of). Moments like that always seem to happen so spontaneously, as you said, and rarely planned. I miss entertaining...I love just being in the background hearing happiness and knowing that I am enabling it and contributing.

the laundress said...

yes you were indeed there...curled up in the chair with your hand around a cup of tea!