CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

Guarding

November 14, 2007 - Wednesday

Its so curious to me, the how and the when and the who that God chooses to remind and challenge me.

Last night at the Y, (of all places--sweating and panting on the bike), I started talking to someone I hadnt seen in a long time. We caught up a bit on life and the conversation turned to God....more specifically how easy it seems for some ppl to trust Him with everything...and not worry, or try to do things in their own strength....they trust His plan and rely on Him completely...and when life throws up a roadblock, they are not freaked out, but they trust.......I think those people have learned the value of guarding what God has entrusted to them...and they rely on the holy spirit to help. What a concept.

So I asked myself and Torrey, why is it that some of us struggle with that...even when we know and have trusted and guarded and relied on the HS to lead us before. Why am I so easily lured away from the safety and assurance that come with totally trusting God.
Disipline. That is why. I lack it. I need it. I run from it. Disiplining my mind, my spirit, my actions....and epiphany of all epiphanies....its how and where and with what I choose to spend my time with.....hmmm..the Word....sharing and loving other ppl like He did. That might be an awesome start.

And choosing to guard the good deposit that was entrusted to me---guarding it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in ME!

0 comments: