CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008


......mom...I'm good enough!



Thats what this precious boy said with so much excitement and enthusiasm upon getting into my car after spending the day with grandma gloria. I hadnt of course realized that he at any point thought that he wasnt good enough, and good enough for what? Of course his boasts of achievment came tumbling out of his toothless(seriously down 5) little mouth, as he excitedly told me about being able to go down the big slide at the rec center for the first time..."with no one grown, nor the sisters!" ahhahahah....I love it when he refers to them as "the sisters." This boy is so precious to me...and his excitement and self confidence about being "good enough" causes me to stop and think about how I can continue to help him to know that he is good enough.

Of course I realize that in helping to shape his identity and self confidence there is a fine line between creating a monster puffed up with arrogance and instilling a firmly grounded sense of "I am good enough."

If there is one thing I can instill in my kids it would be that sense. Don't we all wrestle with that concept at one time or another in our lives? And how often do we avoid situations or challenges or opportunities because we feel like we arent good enough?

Looking back on my life, I see several places where I should have stepped up, taken the risk, faced the challenge, but I didn't think I had what it took. Not a lot of places....a few....my parents did a prettty good job instilling that self-acceptance thing.....sometimes I just let myself believe others lies. Fortunately, I believed that He thought I was "good enough" to love and be His child....and when I was presented with the opportunity to follow I said yes! But I also have realized that while I didnt need to change to be His, I do need to allow Him to change me into more of His image.....because He wants me to be!

....so, today, as I sent Noah off to school, hugging him and kissing him, I tried to remind him that he is doing a great job, and that I believe in him....and I came back inside and prayed that he knows that he will always be "good enough." And I thanked Him for believing that I'm "good enough," and I'm stepping up and facing the days challenges.....fairly confidently! Thats enough right?

1 comments:

Krista said...

empty your garbage....
ahahahhhahahahha
i love you!