CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

The waterfall


So, running brought me to today...this gorgeous, high 60's day with my friend, my kids....and still the reason for running clouding my thoughts!

We went on this awesome walk to a waterfall, and while watching the water rage over I felt so much like that is what my life has been for the last week....just a boiling turmoil of things crashing down and flowing out of my control...farther down the falls, the water calms a bit. Thats the place I want to be...in the calmer waters....or at the very least the bubbling brook of happier times.

Don't get me wrong...today did have some of those moments..captured and pictured above:
-watching the kids gather rocks and shells and playing by the stream (sans the overprotective old guy)
-comtemplating just diving in and ending it all (just a joke)
-waiting and counting the times my friend laughed while her crack hung out, knowing from the first exposure that it would require a picture!
-EARL
-laying amongst the daffidils, laughing soooo hard at Greg's quizzical expression

So, in the aftermath of the day, I am still feeling like I am in the waterfall...just not alone there...which holds its own saddness....I am determined not to let the river take me under...and hopeful that when I am able to stand in it again, that I will be in a place more amazing than the one I have been imagining and dreaming about.....hopefully!

4 comments:

Beth said...

you guys look like you are having a blast!!!Running away looks fun! Krista even your butt crack looks good wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth said...

In the bottom picture, are you and Krista holding hands?????

the laundress said...

ahhahaha

YES, do you have a problem with that?

ahhahahahhaha

Beth said...

I'm jealous!!!!