CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Small Gifts



Today was speckled with small gifts. It was my birthday...there was no festive celebration like in many years past (my choice). I didn't feel much like celebrating....my goal was just to get through the day....and now I have.
But looking back on it, I see that my day was filled with an abundance of small gifts. And exactly the things I needed to point me to better tomorrows.

Gift #l--my math professor gave us an extra day to do our homework!! (which still may not be enough for me)
Gift #2--The kids bought chinese for dinner.
Gift #3--A friend brought me roses(tangerine, with a stolen stem of babies breath and one ugly weed)!
Gift #4--I realized that the friend actually deserves the roses for listening to me cry for the last week....ahhahahahhah
Gift #5--Noah gave me a bunny for my birthday...and then wanted to pray. This is what he prayed: Dear God........(the usual God bless everyone stuff), and then help us to remember that the easter bunny isnt all about easter...its You filling all our hearts!
Gift #6--Laughing in a hot tub.
Gift #7--Good words from two dear friends who write in this place..their own views and perceptions of life have helped me to see today and the days ahead differently.
Gift #8--The realization that while it seems that my life will be empty forever....it is full, filled to overflowing with people that I love, and who love me, whose words, either in person, or written, or by phone, remind me that there is life beyond this empty place.

In many ways this has been a great day. Not littered with material gifts which will not last, but with small gifts of moments that will last forever in my heart.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so glad I was part of your gifts!!!!

the laundress said...

I am too...you are fast becoming a dear friend!

fortunately you knew me BC...(before crisis).