CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Running away


I am not trying to do anything illegal here...I seriously just want to run away. The plans are all made. I am running to arkansas with the kids. It's a good plan. I know I can't go forever. I know that running there will not change the things I am running from. I know that we have to return. But still...we are going.


Despite: expired drivers license which I renewed but the new sticker has not arrived, thereby making renting a car impossible.

Despite: Having to veer from the plan of leaving directly after my speech, and now I will go directly to the Secretary of States Office to get said sticker and then go and rent the car, which would already be packed.( I will not be bitter)

Despite: Not having enough car adapters for all the portable DVD players...when I was a kid we counted cows! And played license plate bingo.

Despite: The house not being clean, and the laundry not done.

Despite: Knowing that there are flash floods and my kids and I may be swept over a bridge into raging river waters, making it necessary for us to climb onto the top of the rental van, (which we don't have yet) and being airlifted to safety by coast guard helicopters! (This bit of worrisome thought came from my parents, who cannot for the life of them understand why I would want to undertake this journey)

What I am trying to do is be with my friend. To be able to sit and talk with her, cry with her, laugh with her, and in some way "find our place" with all that is seemingly tumultous in our lives!

.....then maybe she and I will run away together...just like mary anne and wanda...

you know they were the best of friends? Or is it thelma and louise?

3 comments:

Krista said...

I am laughing so hard my cheeks hurt.....
I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO GET HERE!!!
I'm going to be calling you every 10 minutes to check your progress....I LOVE YOU!
btw...quite impressed with the photo stolen off the internet!!

Krista said...

and fyi....i would never wear jeans like that. but i would entertain the idea of brad pitt....
i'm just saying....

the laundress said...

never say never....remember KB!!