CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Embracing the roller coaster


...I've been feeling a little ornery today...and last night....and actually yesterday..ahahhahah! Last night I actually found myself thinking "I have turned into my DAD!" (unfortunately not the good parts of him, but the ones that chaffe me the wrong ways).


Then someone told me to visit an old friend. I didn't want to do that.

And then I realized...I really did need that visit. I have neglected this friend for far too long....so I came home suited up and went to the Y! Then I came home and cleaned a little, did some laundry, balanced the checkbook...you know just the mundane things of life.


But I feel BETTER.


During all of this I realized the wisdom of anothers words....."Embrace the roller coaster." It is ok to be peevish sometimes. Its ok to feel overwhelmed. It is ok to want to be somewhere else. But at the end of the day, when I assess everything that has transpired in the course of my day, there is peace and contentment.....I am still certain of Who is guiding my time and course, and that He still has a plan and a purpose for me. And the positives in that far outweigh the peeves of my day.

3 comments:

Krista said...

i'm wondering if you access the day or assess it....because if you do have some time bending/warping way of accessing the earlier part of the day....please share.
ahhahahahhahaha
(i really have no idea why you are my friend)
well, except that the wisdom you spoke of came from ME! kudos for me! yeah for ME!
ahahahhahaha

Krista said...

on a serious note....

i love what you are saying, and can certainly relate.

i love you more and miss you much, i'm sure when WHO made you, he knew i would need you in my life.

the laundress said...

I can access my day AND ASSESS IT...I'm good like that...very multi-faceted!