CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

ENERGETIC AND BLAZING

Curiously, I am drawn to wonder about the order in which things happen or present themselves in my life. Just two short days ago, I was in a place reading these next words, and on that day, while they jumped out at me....they didnt jump nearly as much as they do today.

Don't lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil, doing just what you feel
like doing. You didn't know any better then; you do now......let yourselves be
pulled into a way of life shaped by God's life, a life energetic and blazing with
holiness.

I don't feel very much like my life is currently energetic and it certainly does not feel like it is blazing with holiness. Also, while I am not really in the old grooves of evil, it does feel like I am often questioning the after effects of those grooves. I desperately want God to "work all things together for good...", and if possible to use me and the mistakes of my past to reach out to someone in my present. But more often lately, I am finding myself wishing I had known better then.....and then I realize that even if I had, I would have probably still fallen into the same grooves.

Those grooves seem to be part of my journey. I am becoming increasingly aware that we all have our own grooves that we are drawn too. Maybe we don't fall into them, but we sometimes teeter at the very edge and sometimes gaze somewhat longingly at the view. It is that notion that caused this to jump off of the page at me.

Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God. It
cost God plenty to get you out of the dead-end, empty-headed life you grew
up in. He paid with Christ's sacred blood, you know!

If I continue to gaze longingly at the view, how can I ever look longingly into the face of God. The price he paid for my empty-headed viewing was far too great for me too continue to teeter any longer.

1 comments:

Krista said...

good words my friend...why do you question what you wrote?
i wish i knew how to help young women make better choices so they don't have to look back and see the 'after effects of those groves'....
but i also agree that i probably too would still make all the same mistakes...is it just an age thing? don't you wish we could put all the things we've learned from our experiences into your girls (and our boys for that matter)...but as much as we talk, talk, talk....they 'already know it all'