CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Knowing is not believing

Occasionally when I am re-reading something that is familiar to me, I am careless with the words, and in my mind somewhere I am thinking, "yeah, yeah...I know this, or that....", or worse, I think, with an air of superiority, "Oh yeah, that's true, and I kinda nod...as if to confirm for myself that I believe or actually do what I am reading..."

I caught myself tonight. I was re-reading this passage..."that He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, beyond what we could ever ask or imagine..." There I was, in the chair....thinking, how true I know this to be...and then it hit me.

In a number of circumstances on my mind and heart currently, I believe that He can do what I am asking, or imagining....but I am not truly believing that He can do MORE...and exceedingly and abundantly beyond....?

I want to believe it. I want to believe it for me, but also for other people too. I want them to know it and believe. Tonight I am wondering....how do I do that...how does anyone. Is believing this and other things that God claims or promises just a matter of knowing, reading and understanding.

Does my fear, doubt and worry get in the way of fully KNOWING this? I don't think it is really just an issue of knowing though. But maybe it is something that I need to just keep repeating, keep re-reading, keep in front of me....and after a time, maybe I will embrace and understand it. Maybe it is the process of time that takes what I know and transforms it into that which I can totally believe!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Believe it, Believe it, Believe it thats what I think the key is. The problem is sometimes I can't get my hands on that key!

Our Family said...

write it...write it down yourself...what is true that is.

take it in through reading, reflecting...and write it out...the truth. speak it...activate it.

oh wait...you're already doing that aren't you?????

the laundress said...

i am...but what I want more than anything is to believe that it can be MORE than I can see...or dream....

the trusting and waiting are currently the hard things for me...in lots of things