CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Two years ago I knew absolutely that I could not do this alone.
I trusted God completely with every area of my life.
We lived day to day, week to week completely trusting Him to provide.
.....and He did.

Two years ago I knew absolutely that I would never forget or walk away from that place.
You know the place.
The place where you seek Him first in all things, trust His answers, hear His voice...mostly because you communicate with Him more than anyone else, and follow His leading.

Sometimes two years ago seems like a lifetime ago
Yesterday a song came on the radio.....and I remembered two years ago almost as if in real time.

I pulled my car over and wept.
Not at the events of the past....but at two realizations.
l. He has been faithfully by my side every second of the last two years. Never once have I felt lost or alone.
2. I haven't been communicating with Him like I used too. His voice seems softer, but that is soley because I fill my ears with other things.

But....and this is a good but, not an excuse but....I also realized that I still hear...I do still communicate....I just need to do it more...it needs to be all the time....ongoing...moment to moment.....

Sometimes we all need reminders...a song, a picture, a memory....something that draws us back into the safety and reliance, comfort and protection, that is ever present when we are trusting Him completely.

0 comments: