CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Clear Perspective

So, I went to the Y yesterday .... the first day back in like stinkin FOREVER!! And seriously, that bike kicked my butt...seriously, bruised and kicked. I was breathin hard and sweatin at about 12 minutes, wishing desperately it was already like 22! It occured to me how incredibly out of shape I get after being away for like just 3-4 weeks. hahahhahahhah....( I do realize that is an incredibly long time to go without working out). After it took me like 3 times as long to burn what I normally burned in way less time, I also realized how amazing I felt when I was done.

Why is it that something that I detest so much can make me feel so amazing? And since it makes me feel so good, and I mean physically, emotionally and spirtitually, why do I drag my feet and think up every excuse in the book to not go? That's a rhetorical question, I totally know it's because I tend to me more like a three toed sloth than a beaver.

The words that were spoken to my heart while on the bike should be reason enough to be dedicated to going back. My attitude and outlook on life should be enough. Here tonight, I feel like I am over and done with excuses....in a lot of different areas of my life...not just the Y. I know it isnt all about "feeling good" about things....but having clear perspective.

There are several areas of disipline that give me clear perspective. Tonight I am commiting to them...regularly, and without excuse.

2 comments:

Krista said...

YOU GO BABY GURL!!

the laundress said...

ahhahahahaha...yer a bith