CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Hope is not wishful thinking

"Hope is not wishful thinking, but a firm conviction that is directed toward the future."...this precedes another reminder...that while now you may have to suffer for a little while, grief in all kinds of trials, they have come so that your faith will be proved genuine...

Another amazing reminder and promise for me...just when I needed it.

I've spent a ton of time "hoping" for alot of stuff. Not stuff, stuff, but you know...things to change, a life plan to unfold,for my friend to move back, for all the people that I cherish to be happy, for my kids to come in and get their clothes off of the table and put them away without being asked, for Heidi to mysteriously disappear. (Ok, I realize that really is wishful thinking and not actually true hope.) I digress.

When I think about hope as a "firm conviction toward the future", I truly believe that life can change. That our lives can change. The future holds promise and endless possiblities...for me, for my kids, for my friends....so while there may be trials along the way, and we may suffer in one way or another, HOPE reminds me that there are better things ahead, and I am sure more trials, but along the way there will be endless possibilites and "stuff" worth hoping for!

0 comments: