CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Trust...Confidence..and Assurance

Trust.

Implies instinctive unquestioning belief in and reliance upon something.

Confidence.

Implies conscious trust because of good reasons, definite evidence, or past experience.

Assurance.

Implies absolute confidence and certainty.

Curious how these three words are intertwined...and in many ways build upon each other or reinforce each other...either in a positive way, or when they are lacking, negatively.

I wonder sometimes if life and its circumstances lump events together to test our beliefs or abilities to hold fast to mindsets or convictions, or if these things happen in clumps just randomly and without purpose. Possibly, it is that when I am evaluating or questioning my own judgement that everything seems to fall under the same umbrella of stupidity.

Being naturally wired to trust without question, to rely on people, things or circumstances with confidence, assurity.....I often find myself in the middle of the negative repercussions that happen when those things are ill placed or ill deserved.

I am finding more and more that I am viewing people and situations with a little more cynicism, skepticism and lack of faith. Questioning my own instincts is becoming second nature to me....and to be completely honest....I CANNOT STAND ANY OF IT!

I long to be able to trust people and situations to do and say what they say they are doing or will do. I long to be able to believe in and rely on guidelines and protocols to protect and provide in the ways that they should. I long for the day when doubt and uncertainty do not enter my mind.

And I am reminded that my only certainty is in the One who created me. My assurance comes only from Him and rests in Him. In this world, there will be uncertainty, that people and things and systems will falter and do not deserve my unwavering trust.

....still....I hope and long for utopia...at least my utopia!

5 comments:

Krista said...

i got three words for you sister.....
people are messy.
ahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!

if you forever turn cynical, that would be a shame. you wouldn't do your ensf (?) justice. ha.

it's just a season....or a valley....or whatever you told me the other day.

love you!

the laundress said...

FYI...ESFP...its the P or rather my P-ness that makes the cynicalness seem so wrong!

also..FYI...it isnt all people, it is very much systems and processes too...actually its those things that have pushed me to this place!

also also FYI...I tell you lots of shit I don't really believe....

ahahhahahahahahsnorthahahhahahahahahahhahahahahha

Krista said...

so what's wrong with your pness?

i'm confused.

one thing's for sure....as an ENFP.....i freaking ROCK. now if i could get everyone else onboard with that.

the laundress said...

nothings wrong with my Pness....its just sits in opposition to the other feelings...especially because my Pness is like off the charts!

Beth said...

With all your thinking you still always go back to the ONE you should and thinking is good! Sorry for some of your circumstances right now! Wish I could help!

Your a great writer by the way! Unlike someone you know.....me! That's why on my blog you will find pictures of shoes(and stuff)!