CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Impulsive

Sometimes I act impulsively. It's an undesirable personality trait...and sometimes when I do something...I don't really think through all the ramifications of the action or act.

In the aftermath of just such an action...I wish more than anything that I could just turn back time a wee bit...just a smidge...

But instead I am left now reacting....and going to the beach to try and sort it all out in my head! Nothing like a good sunburn and a day splashing in the water to block out impulsive actions! I think that's called avoidance, another excellent trait I possess!

7 comments:

Carin said...

thinking of you, feeling your pain. good luck sorting it all out. I'm confident you will.

and speaking of beaches and wishing you could turn back time...I got my first speeding ticket...on my way to lake lansing beach the other day. sucks.

Beth said...

What did you do? I have a feeling.....I hope you sorted through yesterday. It was so windy here you couldn't even sort through your hair if you wanted to!

pwdrd donuts said...

The wonderful sanguine personality trait. Always wait til the next day to decide - that's what I TRY to do. Don't forget what it DOES do for you though; makes you you - spontaneous; brave; fun; loveable! So there you go - you're still wonderful!!!

the laundress said...

yeah...thanks Pwdrd donuts...I think the other plus of the sanguine is that we don't spend a lot of time overanalyzing and obsessing...impusle or not...at the heart of the matter nothing is really changed..and that is the BEST thing!

pwdrd donuts said...

You're right, no obsessing or overanalyzing is a good thing. I'm sure in no time you'll be over it and find yourself back to normal, thinking, "Hey, I should take up some tango classes."

Krista said...

holy BLEEP! post something new already.....what are you busy with five kids or something?! seriously......

Krista said...

WTF sister! you're killing me.....POST! ;)