CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer


Some things about the last few weeks keep replaying in my head. Good stuff, fun nights and afternoons with friends. The kind of times that cannot be recaptured, or redone, no matter how hard we may try...some things just happen...when you spend time with people that you love unconditionally and completely. Take for instance this moment below. These two women are dear friends to me....and one of them just HAD to get a recipe written down....evidently before the other one was too confused to remember it!

This moment at the beach....actually the whole day....top down on the jeep...boys bitching in the back seat....and then these two chums rolling and playing in the sand and the inland cess pool....completely oblivious to two facts...l. They were rolling in warm pee water. 2. That this day and their summer days together were quickly coming to a close!

...we knew it was ending soon....and photo ops like this would soon be gone!

This is by far my funniest and dearest memory. My BFF crying and sitting on my counter...always one to look for a silver lining....she dug deep this night and BELTED OUT the eternal cheer booster.....THE SUN'LL COME OUT...TOMORROW...BET UR BOTTOM DOLLAR THAT TOMORROW.....THEY'LL BE SUN! ahhahahahahhahaahahha

I have always know that my BFF can't really sing....but on this night, with the tears and the Mikes Hard Lemonade.....it was never more glaring....or endearing! I love this woman. I miss this woman....she is amazing and courageous, and KNOWS HOW TO HAVE FUN! But now she's gone, back to the dirty south.....and I am sitting here incredibly thankful for the fun weeks of summer that we just lived to the fullest!







5 comments:

Krista said...

you bitch....now i'm crying, and i was just getting ready to start painting my bathroom....hazel just like my BFF. xooxoxdoxoxoox

Krista said...

btw....that beach day.....my favorite was belting out "if you like pina colada's and getting caught in the rain. if you're not into yoga and you've got 1/2 a brain....."

ahahahahaha, just remembering that, i'm adding to my Zune right now!

the laundress said...

wow....nice name calling...fortunately for you I'm used to a name or two..ahahah


and I rememer singing that well, bahahahhahasnort.ahahha...I also enjoyed nolan singing "apple bottom jeans"

Beth said...

FUN!!! Your painting......wish I was there!! These pictures are great! It shows how much fun you have together! Love you guys! Thanks for letting me in on some of the fun!

heather b said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun. Looks like it!!