CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reclaiming

In recent days, or perhaps weeks, I have stopped some things that have been routine for me. In the process, I am now finding myself not feeling so much like me. Today it occurred to me, that this may be in large part, because of the things that I am NOT doing, as opposed to some of my more worrisome thoughts, that it because of the things that I AM doing.

I have not read much of anything that makes me think. Oh, I have glossed over some morning Bible passages...GLOSSED OVER being the operative phrase. I feel like I am reading but not thinking.....just monotone in my head, close the book...and off. Same goes for the couple of books that I was into. Nothing. Blah. I need some new material. I need to spend some time at Barnes and Noble...or some really good suggestions. I want a great novel that I can lose myself in and fall in love with the characters and feel a part of their lives. (Not, like creepy, "fall in love", like in Harlequin Romances, but just find some community of friends between the pages) I need something that makes me think and dream outside of the box too. Something real....like Anne Lamotte...but maybe someone new.

Since I have been out of school, I have also found myself not writing as much. This I know is because I am avoiding writing about things I know I should be writing about. Things and life that might actually be of value to someone besides me. But the problem with that is, I don't really want that to be what I have to say. Although I have no idea what I actually think I do have to say....I got not a lot else currently. Just the one thing that keeps nagging at me. (my avoidance factor is kicking in big time on this, but now I'm feeling like I'm running on fumes in my quest to avoid it).

Finally, the gym. Or the trail. Or the bike. Or the floor. Or actually anything that has anything at all to do with getting off my PHASS and moving! I can whine and complain all day about this....but ultimately, all my whining only makes me more pissy! (because I hate whiners)

I'm not quite sure what to do about all of this. Taking action and taking charge of myself again might perhaps be a great start. Becoming proactive about my own life....no one is going to make me happy forever if I am not happy with myself. Slowing in the course of my afternoon, which has been far to introspective and self abasing...I have started to see the light again....on the path in front of me....I hope I know where that path is leading....and as it twists and turns I want to enjoy and soak in every second of it.

Tomorrow.....I'm reclaiming myself tomorrow!

4 comments:

Krista said...

are you sure it wasn't just that bleeping light you were trying to help me hang that you saw?

and how are you going to reclaim yourself when you're phass is still in bed....get up! let's go to the beach. you can bring your bible and we'll take a walk. there all problems solved.

Beth said...

I need to do some reclaiming too....maybe would could do it together a little anyway.....I have an idea! We will talk later and I will fill you in!

pwdrd donuts said...

A book? Well copy and paste this link and have at it. I read this book 2 summers ago and have still not had the chance to dialogue with someone about it. It is excellent - not for the faint of heart. I sort of felt like I was reading my life story in this one. If you are not familiar with John Irving novels, some of his are: A Prayer for Owen Meany (Simon Birch), Cider House Rules, World According to Garp, and some others. Real good stuff. SO the book is "Until I Find You." Just to pique your interest, the protagonist's father is a professional organist who is addicted to tattooing! Love it. Anyway, if you do read this, the discussion may warrant a phone call. Let me know.

Matt

http://www.amazon.com/Until-I-Find-You-Novel/dp/0345479726/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216054192&sr=8-1

the laundress said...

thanks...we will research and get back to you...ahahahhaha!