CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cookie Baking

To fully capture this event, I would need some kind of podcast...because much of the atmosphere was created with sound...or din, whatever it is that includes talking over top of each other, singing together and outsinging each other....and laughing, at and with....the perfect combination. The slotted event was cookie making....with friends and food...and way too much estrogen for some people! ( I think this may be why Noah has taken to wearing his Comander Cody costume 24/7). The finished products were works of art, even with the vomit colored icing for the ginger cookies!


While nibbling on the finished products, and yes I said "products" plural, I discovered that all in all, the day was good. There was a moment or two though, I must admit, where I was standing there in the kitchen thinking....in the middle of all that life is right now, how is it that we can still find joy, that we can still laugh, that friendships can remain, when everything else leaves? I don't know how, and maybe I never will, but I am enormously thankful, because without the joy, there would be no hope, without the laughter there would be nothing but tears (or yelling and screaming), and without great friendships, life would be empty.

7 comments:

Krista said...

your gingerbread looks yummy. my gingerbread tastes like ass. or at least what i think ass must taste like....should i be worried that one of my kids actually likes it? ahahahahahaaaaa. THAT is so wrong.
oh yea, blah, blah, blah to all the fun had without me. :(

hdbl said...

I like you posting again...i too have come out of my dry spell and am feeling somewhat inspired...

looks yummy and sounds like you had fun...

Our Family said...

i don't know about vomit colored icing??? but i have a very, very sick mind and it kinda looks like something else??

delete if necessary!

glad you had a good day. i think we're 'shooting' for the 30th to get together.

the laundress said...

Krista: Yes you should be worried...I was married to this person once..ahahahahha

Katie and Heather...the 30th is good, but I can now do the 26th-30th, not going out of town...just let me/us know!

and Katie...in person it doesnt look like that...unless there was blood in it, which would be bad...very bad! ahahhaha

Krista said...

ewwww!

Beth said...

Beautiful words and pretty cute cookies too!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

oh... very true!
thank GOD for friends... they are NO DOUBT the biggest gift!