CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

From the trail

So I found myself again on the trail today..taking a much needed walk to just be still and listen. To be away from the things pressing in and the endless list of things to do was a welcome respite. In the quiet I realized a few things, in no particular order.

l. Lots of people don't pick up their dog poop...and I would like to rub their noses in it.
2. Just when we think we are alone, God sends the perfect friend to do another 3 miles.
3. Old people still fall in love.
4. Some people think smoking weed and riding their bike is excercise.
5. God is always there, but sometimes I get soo busy, I don't listen or talk to Him.
6. If your toe feels like its being rubbed raw in your shoe...IT IS!
7. When things are quiet in the woods, a woodpecker can sound like a damn serial killer!
8. I don't get out into nature enough!
9. Time alone to think and pray and listen and just be, is probably one of the most important things ever.
10. It would be nice to walk the trail with the person I love.



5 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for your list.....some of them I needed to remember myself! Plus this made me laugh which I needed! You basically fulfilled most of my needs today!!!! Not all, thank God!

Anonymous said...

Thats is so cool...and you know I agree with your last one. I can't wait for that day.

heather b said...

You know what? I was just trying to prioritize alone time with GOD this week and its Wednesday and I've only done it ONE DAY!!!

Thanks for the reminder

I miss that thought-provoking trail. It was one of the few places in Flint/Flushing I really felt safe and happy. Enjoy it for me again soon.

Krista said...

regarding #4...
if you've got something to say to me just say it. i'm kind over all the little undercurrents in my life...just be straight up sister.
;)

pwdrd donuts said...

So funny about the toe. I don't know how many times I've done that. I laughed really hard when I read it.

Oh, the dog poop. Last week I had a baggie to pick up Mimi's poop while I was walking, but since it was early in my walk and I didn't feel like carrying it around the ENTIRE time, and since there were people around, I actually leaned over and PRETENDED to pick it up. Is that lying?