CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

COMING HOME

For the past few months I have been longing for a good book. Something that I could lose myself in. A life separate from mine, yet somehow still connected to me. I haven't found a book...but alas...tonight...the longing was quenched.

JACK IS BACK!

The new season of 24 started tonight, and as Liv and I (and Savannah by phone) began watching with anticipation....I queerly realized that I felt like it was Thanksgiving or some other holiday, and long lost friends and family were all gathering again...reunited!

Disclaimer: I fully realize that this is a TV show. I fully realize that I might as well be 14 again watching Luke and Laura's wedding, or the Cassadines freeze Port Charles. I also fully realize that in this one wee small area...I am a damn pantie throwing groupie. For some, Rick Springfield brings this out, for others its artists like Tristan Prettyman or Joshua Radin. I fully admit, this is an indulgence and foray into a world not my own. AND I DON'T CARE!

For one hour every week (four this week, with the kick off nights) I can live in a stress free world of international terrorism and global war, with no one to save America from complete and utter destruction but Keifer Sutherland! BLISS!

So tonight, in the hours after the 2009 debut...I sit here relaxed and smiling...and think...welcome home old friend, welcome home!

4 comments:

Krista said...

laughing....and crying. missing you and your stupid jack bauer obsession.

Beth said...

Is Jack really your friend.....does he listen when you talk? Does he give you advise? Just kidding I know what your talking about! Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to next weeks show!

pwdrd donuts said...

Are you looking for a new book (no, I'm not about to recommend my own, i promise.) I don't know if you read John Irving, but I love his weird style of writing. I read "Until I Find You" about 3 years ago and was blown away. LOVED that book. It's long - but such a fantastic, real, crazy, painful, real, CRAZY story. You'll have to check it out.

the laundress said...

Powdered Donuts, are you recommending the book because I need to get out of fantasy land? Because there is no book that can steal my affection from Jack! Just to be clear.

and yes...I am always looking for a good book...and I am asking for yours for my birthday....thanks for the recommendation!~