CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Sometimes I pretend

Things happen for a reason. You just need to "find your place with it and figure our where to file it." Words I have heard often, (and often laugh about) from a dear friend.

I'm not sure I believe the first part....sometimes I think stuff just happens. Not exactly randomly, but just....cause/effect...handwriting on the wall....or just plain HAPPENS. Sometimes it is in our grasp to understand, sometimes not. Sometimes and some things I don't always want to "find my place with" let alone "figure out how or where to file it." Sometimes I want to pretend that life is perfect and there just isn't any "stuff."

Tonight I'm pretending lots of things. Like for instance, that there are not 5 loads of clean laundry waiting to be folded. I'm pretending that Alice just ran to the market and will be home soon to fold it all. I'm pretending that the person I love most will be here soon, (like tonight soon, not next week soon) and we will have homemade chicken soup and crusty rolls together. I'm pretending that my BFF is just down the road and that if I need her or if she needs me, that either one of us can be fully present together in under 2 minutes! I'm pretending that I don't have kids at a movie theatre and that I will not have to leave my house and go out into the rain and cold in 2 hours to pick them up. (on that one I'm actually pretending that they are still too young to be dropped off to see a movie alone with 3 friends...and BOYS!)

Tonight I'm pretending and not "filing" or "finding my place."

Tonight I'm just trying to get through it.

7 comments:

Krista said...

tears, lots of tears. let it be known i never tell you to find your place or where to file it. i just say it sucks. and i'm angry. very angry. ill placed anger at God no less. surely this isn't good.

i miss you, i'm thinking of you...

and really you just wish i was there so i'd fold your laundry like i did last time i was there. ...nice undies btw.

Krista said...

i'm thinking maybe i shouldn't have admitted i'm mad at God on the internet....i mean, like now he knows. i only recently discovered just how mad i am.

Our Family said...

remember...God made the internet and shit!

Beth said...

Sometimes I love pretending.....somehow it helps!

If you are looking for something else to do to keep your mind off your stuff......pick up a paint brush and come over.....I have a lot going on over here!

pwdrd donuts said...

Love the thoughts that run through your head. Random, honest, and creative.

Now fold your laundry - the mountain will get bigger and bigger and your back will hurt from two hours of straight folding then you'll never want to launder again so you'll put it off longer and there will be ten clean loads waiting for you, in which case, even Alice will say, "I don't think so. I'm going out wiht Sam!"

pwdrd donuts said...

I'm on a shameless advertising rampage. Check out my blog for details!!! Ohhh....anticipation.

Carin said...

sometimes I pretend that carolyn writes a new blog post.

would you hurry and find your damn place and BLOG?!

geez...